Sunday, November 15, 2009

Pretty close to a perfect day...

The morning started with a little trip...
However on our way we ran into a herd of sheep...actually they ran into us, we held still :)
And enjoyed the ambiance.

And this is why...
...we love living in the country.

The friendly sheep herder even took a picture of us in the van, how nice was that!

Then we reached our original destination and picked up this little beauty.

And we played "pass the kitty" in the van.

Aubrey named our kitty Misty...Welcome Misty.

Then Jason and I went on a date while Mom and Dad Benedict watched the kids and we picked up this little beauty to surprise the kids.

We asked Caitlyn to come out to the truck by herself and this was her reaction when she opened the door and saw our little puppy...Priceless!

Caitlyn loves dogs and she truly was in heaven at this moment.

One happy girl!

And suddenly we are a family with a kitten and a puppy. By the way, the 1st day with a pet is always perfect...I'm sure we'll have some not so perfect days along the way, but I'll look back on this perfect day and always smile.

12 comments:

jaredelizabeth said...

ahhhhhh, puppies and kitties. My kids would be so jealous!!!! Have fun!

Jessica said...

Caitlyn, I'm so jealous! How did you get them to buy you a puppy?? I'm still trying to convince Scott to get me one. I can't wait to hear what y'all name the puppy. It's sooooo cute! (So's Misty, but dogs are my favorite.) ;)

e.brooke said...

Why am I crying right now? You guys rock!!!

Elisa said...

Love the "Sheep ride" that is hilarious! Congratulations on the two new additions. You did it right. . . getting them both at the same time, now maybe they will be friends! Welcome to the world of pets! ;)

Bruce said...

P.S. I purchased that Colbie Caillat CD. It makes me happy everytime I listen to it. Thanks for the memory of that day! Love ya!

i'm erin. said...

Oh I love puppies and kitties! That is so awesome. What a beautiful day. And dang, I can't believe all those sheep.

I'm so sad I missed your phone call.

luv erin

i'm erin. said...

OH so sad. I just realized you were down in Utah for Halloween! I was in Hawaii. I have never been so sad that I went to Hawaii. ha ha.

Next time your down I promise to be in town. By the way, I love your family. They are beautiful!

Kao said...

How fun! Congrats. My kids would be jealous. They want a pet so bad. I can't believe all the sheep!

Love the Halloween pictures.

Amy said...

Those sheep pictures are amazing! I've never seen so many sheep. I bet your kids loved that. Way awesome! And how fun to get pets. There is nothing much cuter than a golden puppy. That does look like a perfect day, if I've ever seen one.

Kathleen said...

I want a kitty ;) Benjamin asked if we could get Herman a dog the other day . . . what are their names? How exciting! Love it ;) Oh, and I love that there is more to see here :)

Ashlie n Jonathan said...

TIFFANY!!! I love your posts! I haven't blog hopped in a while! Happy Thanksgiving! I love the sheep...haha. Awesome. And the puppy and kitty! Oh man! LUCKY kiddos! We have been contemplating a puppy, a LOT, and I just wonder about the potty training part in a cold environment......do share ANYthing you learn! Tempting tempting tempting! Congrats to you all!!! How FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Miriam said...

Love your family, Tiffany!! So awesome to see your cute selves. Kitty AND a puppy, you guys really are the perfect parents!